IRM is recruiting for a Senior Drilling Engineer, working in Qatar on a minimum of a 12 month contract, residential basis.
The Senior Drilling Engineer plans drilling, workover and completion activities, assuring that operations conform to plan and are carried out safely, efficiently and economically; managing manpower, rigs, material supplies and stocks, resolving.Controls, monitors and guides CLIENT’s drilling preparations &operations (Jack-up rig, new drills, sidetracks, semi-extended reach well, completion).Controls, monitors and guides CLIENT’s workover preparations &operations (Jack-up barge, well intervention by slickline and coiled tubing).
Job Title: Senior Drilling Engineer
Location: Doha (Residentially based in Doha)
Department: Field Development
Reports to: Field Development Manager
Commencement: July 2016
Duration: One (1) year firm
Plans, monitors and coordinates drilling, workover and completion operations, assuring that operations conform to plan and are being carried out safely, efficiently and economically; coordinating manpower, rigs, material supplies and stocks, resolving difficulties which could otherwise delay drilling progress.
- Ensures the contractor personnel, services and material are available at rigsitewhen required so to avoid delay in operations.
- Monitors the consumptions and stocks of materials available at the rigsite, andrequest personnel, materials, and services in due time in order to avoid any delay in operations.
- Plans, monitors and coordinates the drilling, workover and completion activities in accordance with the programme, company procedures and best practices.
- Ensures that all aspects of the drilling, workover operations are considered during both planning and execution phases within own area of responsibility.
- Reports to FDD manager on regular basis on the progress of operation, and agree on any corrective action if necessary.
- Represents Company in all matters regarding drilling, workover and completion activities.
- Ensures that drilling, workover and completion operations are carried out safely, with good oilfield practice and in accordance with programs and all the relevant company standards and HSEQ procedures.
- Prepare regular work reports and End of Well Reports (EOWR).
- Provide assistance in cost and invoice tracking as required.
- Provides assistance to all colleagues where new drilling and workover projects are being considered to ensure that accurate cost and time estimates are made.
- Prepare detailed meeting protocols to ensure that all involved parties adhere and follow the discussed and agreed matters.
- Actively follow all ongoing work projects and drilling, workover operations to be fully updated and able to participate in meetings and discussions.
- Liaises effectively with all third parties, local authorities and citizens and other departments as applicable for the best interest of Company operations.
- Prepare the required documents related to all tender activities providing material and services for the planned company activities, perform technical and commercial tender evaluation and provide explanation and justification in all tender related matters.
Regular contacts at own level in own Department for work coordination. Regular contacts with consultants / contractors to direct, monitor and follow up to ensure that equipments are ordered and delivered to specification in an appropriate time frame for the ongoing operations, in the most cost effective manner.
Provides work direction to Drilling Engineers and Well Services Engineer.
Total Subordinates: 1-2
Field Development Department Manager
Independence of Operations
Carries out duties in accordance with specialized and professional standards and
approved programmes. Work is subject to general review.
Normally air-conditioned environment. However, incumbent is exposed to prevailing
weather conditions noise and fumes whilst on site visit approx. 20% of the working
- 10 years experience in drilling and completions activities, and at least 5 years experience as a Senior Drilling Engineer of rig operations. Shorter experience duration is acceptable, subject to manager’s approval.
- Good knowledge of computers.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English