#IRM_Offshore is currently #recruiting for the post of #Platform_Serviceman for one of its clients in #Qatar.
Suitable candidates, please apply at the earliest.
Below is the Job Description for your review.
- Receives work assignments from the Supervisor with detailed or routine instructions, selects appropriate Tools from Stores and proceeds to Work Site accordingly.
- Assists Crane Operator in loading and unloading Materials suchas Tools, Equipment, Sacks of Chemicals, Catalyst, Salt. Lime and Oil Barrels from the Supply Boat and stacks such Materials for storage. Includes securing lifting attachments to materials, signaling to Crane Operators to move the load to destination, unhooking lifting attachments and conveying loads to designated stacking/storing area as instructed. Also assists with the handling of the Food Containers.
- Rips open Sacks and dumps Chemicals and Catalysts into mixing, treating or Chemical Tanks, in the right amount as directed by the operating Personnel. Prepares all Hoses and connections for transfer and injection of Corrosion inhibitor/Emulsion Breaker Chemicals to the Wellheads’ Reserve Tank. Carries out jet Fuel filling to the Storage Tank every two days.
- Sweeps, washes, cleans and paints operation areas, Tools and a variety of Equipment (including Solar Turbines). Includes painting Pipes and Vessels to prevent corrosion using brush. paint or doping pot and tar.
- Cleans and replaces coarse filter screens in Water Treatment Plants as instructed. Includes holding suction pipe to transfer Sand and Gravel from filter bed into regarding screens, washing and screening Sand and Gravel to remove foreign particles, turning handle to backwash (reverse water flow) filter to remove Chemical precipitates and impurities, scraping and removing dirt from side of filter bed using metal scraper and reversing action of suction pipe to return gravel and sand to filter bed.
- Assists Production Operators in pigging job, corrosion monitoring, switching job, and cleaning Wellheads by scraping paint and rust, repainting Platform and Auxiliary Equipment using special Paint and Corrosion Inhibitors. Arranges Crude/Water sample Bottles and prepares Cans for supply of Auto-con Oil, Gear Oil, Chamber Oil and Compressor Oil.
- Carries out other similar or related duties such as greasing of Crane etc., and in general practicing good housekeeping in the Plant area, observing Safety and Fire regulations and assisting other Operators in closing. opening and greasing Valves and maintaining Equipment as instructed.
- Complies with any other additional instruction or jobs that may be assigned by the Supervisor in charge arid carries out the duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Company Procedures when Emergency situations occur.
- Performs duties as a member of the rescue team during an emergency.
- To fully understand the Company’s Objective of Health, Safety and Environment Policy and how it relates to his job and to fully perform his work in total conformity with the Procedures and Policy of Health Safety and Environment. To fully adhere, at all times, to the relevant working Procedures and Practice of HSE. To perform specific & HSE Management Systems Programme activities assigned to him by his Supervisor
- Removal of corrosion, on a Daily basis, by sandblasting, chipping and surface cleaning from all Offshore Plant and Equipment and Wellheads, such as Compressors, Pumps, Columns, Pipes, Fittings and Steel Plates etc prior to painting job.
- Routine and regular painting of Facilities and Machinery at Offshore on the Complex and Wellheads in accordance with the Company’s Specifications for protective coating and as directed by the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Carries out scaffolding work for painting, fabrication and general Maintenance purposes. Assists Mechanical, Electrical and Production Sections when scaffolding work takes place.
- Assists the Mechanical Technician and Mechanical Fitters as and when requested by the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Carries out other similar or related duties, observing Fire and Safety Rules and Regulations and responsibility in accordance with the Company’s Procedures when an Emergency situation occurs and complies with any other additional instruction or jobs that may be assigned by the Supervisor in charge.
- To fully understand the Company’s Objective of Health, Safety and Environment Policy and how it relates to his job and to fully perform his work in total conformity with the Procedures and Policy of Health, Safety and Environment. To fully adhere, at all times, to the relevant working Procedures and Practice of HSE. To perform specific HSE Management Systems Programme activities assigned to him by his Supervisor.
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) Education plus 2 years Technical training.
- 5 year work Experience as a Painter on an Offshore Oilfield including sandblasting, painting, scaffolding and rigging
- Working knowledge of spoken and written English
- Completion of Sea Survival Training/Fire Fighting/Rigging and Crane Operation Training and Helicopter Marshalling Training.